According to the CDC, physical activity in the classroom is linked to higher academic performance. This may seem like an overwhelming task, but you can get your kids moving in tutoring or during the school day with these easy-to-implement suggestions:
- Instructions on how to create a physically active classroom
- This North Carolina elementary school has list of detailed suggestions for subject-based PE
- PE Central provides over 200 lesson plans
- Michigan Department of Education’s list of Brain Breaks
- Move in the Classroom includes PE activities for music and language
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education lists many additional resources
Looking for MyPlate Posters, Handouts and Lesson Kits? Order them for FREE here!